You are expecting a new baby? Congratulations! Most probably you are now planning and preparing for the coming of the baby by starting to shop for baby clothing and other infant necessities. I remember how I was delighted to roam around shops in search for Hello Kitty baby essentials when I was pregnant with my first baby. Looking back, I keep coming back to the baby section of different shops delighted to buy every baby item found. It was after the birth of my sweet bundle of joy when I found out that some pieces were not spot on needed. Consequently, I also realized that there are those that are indeed, baby essentials. Having a checklist to refer to would help you prepare better for the things your newborn baby will need.
Baby Essentials Checklist
You need to be prepared as the coming of your baby gets closer. Make a list for the baby’s bathing, clothing, feeding and bedding necessities. By doing this, you will avert from purchasing items on impulse and “just in case” purposes.
- Baby Wrap – Your baby needs protection from the cold weather. Newborns need to be kept warm all the time. When I gave birth to my little princess, she was wrapped snugly by the Hello Kitty Baby Wrap with Hood that I purchased. Buying at least 8 baby wraps to give your little one the warm and secure feeling they had in the womb is advised.
Hello Kitty Ribbon Baby Wrap Snug w/ Head Cover Hotpink Polka Dot Sanrio
Hello Kitty Ribbon Baby Wrap Snug w/ Head Cover Pink Polka Dot Sanrio
- Booties and mitts – Whoever said babies don’t need footwear is absolutely mistaken. Although they are not yet walking, the need to dress their tiny feet and hands for warmth and protection is a must. Whether your little one is going for an outdoor stroll or preparing for bedtime, dress her or him with booties and mitts. These items can be purchased as single items. Some also come in a baby clothing set with matching bunny suits, beanie hat and bib. Recommended: 6-12 pairs
Hello Kitty Baby Booties New Born Organic Cotton Sanrio
Hello Kitty Baby Mitts New Born Organic Cotton Sanrio
Hello Kitty Baby Fulff 4-Piece Layette Gift Set Pink Sanrio
- Cloth Nappies – Even if you plan to use disposable diapers, it is still necessary to have some cloth nappies for your bundle of joy. Get at least a dozen of this if you will use disposable ones. Get 24-36 if you would stick to using non-disposable diapers. Don’t forget to buy nappy pins or clips and liners if using cloth nappies.
- Baby Clothes – Basic newborn clothes are onesies. This is mainly a shirt designed to be snapped together at the crotch. Footed sleepers designed with elastic or snaps at the bottom to allow easy diaper changes at night. And who would not fall in love with the cute shirts and shorts specifically designed for those tiny bodies?
Hello Kitty Baby New Born 5-Piece Gift Set Pink Sanrio
- Beanie hats- Just like the small hands and feet, the bald head of your newborn needs to be protected and kept warm. Keep in mind that a lot of heat is lost through the baby’s head. Get at least 12 beanie hats for your little one.
Hello Kitty Baby Hat BEANIE HAT CAP Embroidery Pink Sanrio
Hello Kitty Assorted Baby Feeding Bottle Gift Set
- Breast milk freezer storage bag – Although everything is fixed when you opt to breastfeed, it would be helpful to get a breast milk storage bag. This is necessary when you need to pump to reduce breast fullness. With the appropriate milk bag, you can freeze the milk for use later on.
Hello Kitty Breast Milk Freezer Storage Bag 200ml / 7oz. 25 pcs Sanrio
- Feeding bottle – These are useful items regardless if you are breast or formula feeding. At least 4 or 5 bottles would be good to have for a start.
Hello Kitty Baby Glass Feeding Bottle 4oz. / 120ml BPA FREE Sanrio
Hello Kitty Baby Wideneck PP Feeding Bottle 4.7oz. / 140ml BPA FREE Sanrio
- Silicone Nipples – Keeping extra nipples for baby’s feeding bottles handy at home would prepare you for nipple-change emergencies. These items are usually available in 3-piece pack.
Hello Kitty Silicone Nipples Pacifier New Born 3 Pcs
- Feeding bottle and nipple brush – You need to make sure that your baby’s feeding bottles including the nipples are cleaned thoroughly. Hence, the need for good quality bottle and nipple brush.
Hello Kitty Baby Feeding Pacifier Brush Pink Sanrio
- Newborn pacifier – This item seem to possess the magic potion that can effectively calm an agitated baby. Just be sure that the crying is not caused by hunger. When you buy one, be sure to purchase a pacifier holder.
Hello Kitty Pacifier Soother For New-Born to 6-Mon Baby
Pink Hello Kitty Baby Pacifier Strap Holder Clip Cover
- Baby bib – These would be necessary for bottle fed babies. It would be safer to go for bibs that have Velcro fasteners or slip over baby head designs.
Hello Kitty Baby Feeding Bib Cotton Baby Printing Sanrio
Hello Kitty Baby Feeding Bib Cotton Printing Sanrio
- Bib holder – Stay away from bibs that are tied around the neck. It can be dangerous when the long tie goes around the neck of your baby. Buy a bib holder instead.
Hello Kitty Adjustable Bib Clip Die-cut Pink Sanrio
- Baby wipes –Use them for cleaning baby’s hand, bottoms and the face. You should get two. One refillable pack to keep in baby’s travel bag in case you need to go out. The other one is to be used at home.
Hello Kitty 80 pcs Wet Wipes w/ Case Sanrio
- Baby towels – While you may choose ordinary towels, baby towels are softer and more lightweight. The smooth texture of these towels is specially-designed for baby’s delicate skin. Recommended: 2-3
Hello Kitty Bath Baby Towel Sanrio 58×118 cm
Hello Kitty Assorted Feeding and Bath Baby Gift Set Sanrio
- Baby bath bed/tub – Not all mothers prefer to use bath bed when bathing their little child. But what they do not know is that babies are easier to bathe when lying in a bed specially designed for bathing.
Hello Kitty Safe Cushion Baby Bath Bed for New-Born to 6-Mon Sanrio
In addition to these items, you need to buy baby soap gentle for baby’s sensitive skin, shampoo for babies and moisturizer.
Other Baby Items Needed
- Bag for carrying nappies and bottles- This bag would be necessary when you need to go out with the baby. It can be for clinic visits, going to church or a weekend visit to grandma. Choose one with several compartments for baby wipes, bottle, extra nappies etcetera.
Hello Kitty Petite Backpack Bag For Toddler Lace Sanrio
- Milk Container – When you need to go outdoors with your formula-fed baby, don’t forget to bring extra milk with you. A milk container will keep you assured that your baby won’t be hungry without bringing the bulky can of milk along.
Hello Kitty Baby Aggrandize Milk Powder Container
Sanrio Hello Kitty w/ Ball Baby Milk Powder Container
- Baby nail clipper – You don’t want your baby to bear facial scratches caused by his quickly growing nails. Do not forget to include nail clippers in your baby essentials shopping list.
Hello Kitty Nail Clipper Head-shape Sanrio Japan Exclusive
- Nappy bucket/laundry basket – Make sure that soiled/used clothes, bibs, cloth nappies, mittens and booties are in one container only. You have to make sure that the nursery and your home is kept clean and organized even with a baby around. Use a nappy bucket or hamper to tidy away baby items for washing.
Hello Kitty Multi Purpose Basket BIG Sanrio
Hello Kitty Multi Purpose Portable Basket Pink Sanrio
- Diaper changing pad/mat – Having a diaper change mat is of use because you need to protect the baby’s fragile bottom from hard surfaces when changing diapers. Having this would also make the nappy changing session more comfortable for baby.
- Baby powder box – After bathing, you certainly want to keep your baby feeling more refreshed and smelling fresh too. The powder puff that comes with the box helps reduce loose powder in the air. Using this also aids in even application of powder on baby’s skin.
Hello Kitty Baby After-bath Powder Puff Kit Container Dispensor Case
Hello Kitty Baby After-bath Powder Box Sanrio
- Storage Rack Organizer – Some baby items like nappy pins/clips, pacifier and baby bottles should have a fixed storage area. Using a storage rack ideal for table tops will help keep the room clean and looking well-organized. It will also make sure that you can easily get small baby items when you need them.
Hello Kitty Plastic Storage Rack Organizer Flower Sanrio
You can also think of coming up with the theme for your baby essentials. In my case, I preferred a Hello Kitty label for a more uniformed appeal on the things used by my precious gem. It was a great experience and I am satisfied. Since these are authentic Hello Kitty products, they are practically safe to use by babies.
Some of the Hello Kitty baby items I got for my first born!
Hopefully, this simple guideline somehow gave you a clear idea about the products that you need to purchase in preparation for the coming for your little prince or princess. Planning for this can somehow make you anxious and worried. Having a list to look into from time to time would make the experience more worthwhile and enjoyable. Enjoy shopping for your baby’s coming!