If you are a Mother, there is no way that you would have reservations the moment I say that motherhood is the most treasured chapter in the life of a woman. Right from the time, she confirmed that a fetus is inside her womb, throughout the entire pregnancy until the baby is brought out to the real world. There is no word that can wholly describe the magnificent emotion felt by a new Mom. But no matter how wonderful this period may be, reality hits the fact that a good deal of preparation together with a clear point of view is necessary to be able to pass through this episode of life with flying colors.
It’s indeed heavenly to welcome the new baby. Sad to say, your tiny bundle of joy does not come with its cuteness and adorable package alone. Tied together with your little prince or princess are instances of persistent and sometimes inexplicable crying, odd illnesses, and sleepless nights during middle of the night nappy changes and feeding. For this reason, it is essential to be aware on some relevant guidelines that she can go by in the journey called motherhood.
Useful Tips to Enjoy Motherhood
While bringing up a child into this world means experiencing a lot of changes in your life, it does not imply that you should lose yourself all throughout the process. Of course not! As a matter of fact, you can take this chance to begin more positive changes in your being. Now is the time to you to ponder on your priorities and be more proactive in firing off a new-found pinnacle of balance for fruitful outcomes as a Mother. Let’s start the ball rolling then…
• Find a support group. This is that point in your life when having someone to discuss things with about being a mother is deemed necessary. So, talk with other women. Allot a specified amount of time to pay visits to fellow Moms in your community. Their support matters a lot in your passage to the world of motherhood. Ideas that you would learned from hanging out with will help refuel your knowledge about coping with this stage successfully. In addition to friends, your support group can also be your family or relatives. These allies can also be your helping hand with taking care of the baby, especially when you need to have your personal time.
• Go on with your usual habit of making a special ‘Me’ time. It can be as simple as having a foot spa, a massage or sipping a cup of coffee in the nearby coffee shop. The idea here is for you to be able to relax and enjoy a moment that is just for you alone. Don’t feel guilty in doing this thinking that you have left your new baby in the arms of other family members. Relax and make sure that the activities you choose for your personal time are those that can pep you up to be geared up to face the world again with vivaciousness.
• Don’t forget to exercise daily. When you look good, you feel good. Having a healthy and fit body will give you greater level of self-esteem. This is something you really need after the numerous physical changes that your body has gone through from conception to the birth of your precious angel.
• Stop comparing yourself with other new moms in the neighborhood. Cease from overloading your mind with worries about how come the mother next door has already lost weight gained during pregnancy in just three months. Constantly being concerned about this will disappoint you even more. What you need to do is energize your thoughts with the reality that no two bodies work and react similarly in all aspects.
• Cook meals ahead and freeze them. Preparing meals ahead of time and keeping it in the freezer will ensure that your family will continually enjoy home cooked dishes even if you cannot attend to this chore in the early weeks after giving birth. Store cooked meals in small food containers or food grip zip lock bags and keep in the freezer for heating and serving when needed. It’s one effective strategy to make certain that the needs of other members of the family are not compromised with the arrival of a new baby.
Motherhood is endless. It starts from the day we conceived our kids and it goes on forever and ever. It won’t stop even at the point when our kids have grown up and able to attend to their needs. Even if they are old enough and able to afford getting their car or even buy their own house, we are still their mother. They would remain to be our children for the rest of our lives…and theirs.
The Secret to Successful Motherhood
It has been told over and over again that a mother is the backbone of the family. She serves as the steering wheel of the household. That is how important mothers are. With this realization, every mother should recognize the significance of taking care of herself. She needs to be healthy, physically and psychologically. For without her, who would take care of her family, especially her kids? But this does not mean that a mother should force herself to be perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect. That is correct. The key to succeeding in the motherhood journey is to be a happy Mother. To be happy, you need to learn how to value and love yourself more. Motherhood is not a chore. It’s an honor because the opportunity to raise kids into this world is a blessing that not only women are gifted with.
So, you have to make the most of it. Cherish motherhood and a good way to start is by embracing it fully prepared with happiness and positive thoughts.